What is 17 4 PH stainless steel?
Its name is from its chemical composition which is about 17% chromium and 4% nickel. Alloy 17-4PH stainless steel (UNS S17400, Type 630 ), is a chromium-nickel-copper precipitation-hardening martensitic stainless steel with an addition of niobium. It is the most used stainless steel alloy of all precipitation hardening stainless steel casting.
17-4 stainless steel casting typical application is for high strength and corrosion resistance required. The desired strength and toughness can be controlled in the heat treatment process.
17-4 PH Stainless Steel Composition for Casting
17 4 PH Stainless Steel Casting Process in JC Casting
- Sand Casting
- Investment Casting (Lost Wax Casting, Precision Casting)
17 4 PH Stainless Steel Casting Heat Treatment
All 17-4 PH stainless steel castings need solution treatment. Heating the castings and material to 1050°C, holding the 30 min/in. [1.2 min/mm]. Then cooling to below 30°C.
Advantages of 17-4 PH Stainless Steel Casting
- High strength. High hardness.
- Good castability, minimum distortion upon heat treatment.
- Good welding performance
- Excellent corrosion resistance performance.
- Excellent mechanical properties and fatigue properties.
17-4 PH Stainless Steel Castings Usages
17 4 PH Stainless Steel Castings usages are Including
- High-strength parts with certain corrosion resistance requirements.
- aircraft fittings, Aerospace-structural, and parts
- Oil path, mechanical seals, and Components
- Propeller shafts, pins, and valve spindles
- Food Process Equipment
- Nuclear Waste Processing and Storage
- Pulp and Paper- paper mill equipment
- Oil field valve parts
- Chemical process equipment
- Pump shafts
17-4 PH Stainless Steel Castings Manufacturer
JC Casting Foundry is a skilled manufacturer in customized 17-4 ph stainless steel investment castings. We can customize 17-4 ph stainless steel castings in different sizes and shapes. Additionally, we can also provide extra machining, surface treatment, heating treatment services as your requirement.
If you have any inquiries about 17-4 ph stainless steel investment casting, please email us: email@example.com